A bit of bad luck (but in some ways good fortune) for me today.We had a short ride from our accommodation to catch a 2 hr ferry to Split. All was well and we rode off the ferry. Mike and Denuise use a system of corner marking to ensure the group follows the correct route for the day. Problem was, in perfect timing, a bus hid the tour leader (who I was following) just as I went past. So I was off in to the unknown. As I entered the motorway I knew I had taken a wrong turn, but safe with the knowledge I had the map and the hotel list in hand, I decided it was tome for a little adventure! Below is the route I should have taken marked on the map. I ended up taking a slightly different route via Sinj (where I stopped and asked for directions), Donji Muc, Drenis and rejoined the route in Sibenik. So it was quite a frew extra k's, but through some lovely mountain roads. I wasn't wasting any time - thinking if I pushed on I could rejoin the group at afternoon tea and we would travel to the hotel together. Then the 2nd piece of fate intervened when I passed the group 40km short of Zadar when an large truck parked right in front of the bikes making them impossible to see just as I went past So it was onwards to Pag where I stopped for a break and to consult said hotel list to find I was still about 25km short. A quick drink and some directions to the hotel and I arrived about 10 minutes after everyone else. Amazing roads today again. The roads are just incredible and we haven't had rain (with the exception of a quick shower leaving Split) for the whole trip after day 1. Temperatures have been between 27-32 Celcius.
No comments:
Post a Comment